1. Personalise your page: Set yourself up with a JustGiving page - by far the easiest way to reach friends and family. Don't forget to add pictures and your story to inspire supporters.
2. Start on a high: Get your most generous friends or family to donate first and others will usually follow suit!
3. Spread the word: Use your social media and emails to share the link to your page. People won’t always remember to sponsor you the first time you ask so keep reminding them. You can find lots of useful tools in this pack, and here, to get you started.
4. Let people know what their donation means: Use the information in this pack to show what £20, £100 and £250 could achieve. Money from Sleep Out will go towards EYH's Housing Fund which you can find out more about here.
5. Boost your donations: Gift Aid allows charities to claim back the tax paid on donations made by UK taxpayers. By asking people to tick the Gift Aid box on your sponsor form, it means we can claim back tax from the government and increase their donation by 25%
6. Keep going! Don't stop after the event, you will have one month to chase up all your donations. Some supporters like to see that you've completed your challenge before they dig deep - keep them updated with social posts, selfies from the night and stories of how you found the experience
Lots of fundraising happens on the day and the days around your event. Keep everyone up to date by telling them your experience and sharing pictures and remind them to donate.
Don't forget to say thank you! Using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter to thank people publicly can also prompt others to donate too. Post photos after the event to let them know how you got on.
Don't forget to share your challenge! Tag @EYH_UK so we can see what weird and wonderful places you've chosen to rest your heads. And don't forget the all important early morning 'survivor selfie!'. Add your fundraising page link to your social bios so it's as easy as possible to signpost people to support you. Remember to use #SleepOutToEYH to stay up to date across all our social media channels.